Black Forest Walnut Armoire is a stunning piece of furniture crafted from black walnut. It features a combination of a side robe and a triple-shelved storage space, making it ideal for any home. Here are some of its unique features:
- Demountable sides and internal partition with winch bolts that screw into the base and top cover.
- Full-length brass piano hinges on the two side doors, which are solid bowed panels with joined hinge stiles.
- Hand-carved centre plaque of grapes and vine leaves that represents the wine culture of Germany.
- Glazed centre door mounted with pin hinges and an applied carving representing the interlacing of the vines.
- Side partitions, back panels, and doors are mounted on a three-frieze drawer base unit with solid walnut bun feet.
- The left-hand cupboard is fitted with shelving plug holes and used as a Robe, while the central cupboard has three original moveable shelves.
- Interlocking box pelmet unit spanning the length of the armoire, facilitated by winch screws at the top of the side and partition panels.
- Each side door, centre door, and three base frieze drawers are furnished with original locks and handles. Key included.
The armoire is in very good condition, with light knocks and digs to the rear panels that indicate a dismantling history. The original panels are intact, and the bun feet are grazed in places. The applied carving on the centre door was last removed for cleaning in 1996.
|Albin May (ZKWAMZ)
|Zeulenroda (Thüringen) Germany
|Commenced 1920 – Completed 1921
|Campaign form; easily dismantled
|Swiss Black Forest viticulture carvings. No apparent signature; each bowed door and carved plaque are one-piece solid timber.
|200cm H x 182cm W x 49cm D
|54cm (Left) / 68cm (Middle) / 57cm (Right)
|49cm (Left) / 57cm (Middle) / 49cm (Right)
|14cm (Internal) / 16cm (External)
|15cm (Top) / 144cm (Centre) / 34cm (Base) / 7cm (Bun Feet)
Please Note – Please contact us for shipping costs or you may collect.