Charles Ahrenfeldt was a French porcelain manufacturer that operated from 1884 to 1930. The company was founded by Charles Ahrenfeldt, who had previously worked as a porcelain painter for the prestigious French porcelain manufacturer Haviland & Co.
The company produced high-quality porcelain dinnerware, tea sets, and decorative items. Ahrenfeldt’s porcelain was known for its intricate designs, hand-painted details, and use of gold accents. The company was particularly famous for its “Limoges” porcelain, which is a type of porcelain made in the Limousin region of France.
In addition to producing porcelain under its own name, Charles Ahrenfeldt also produced porcelain for other companies, including the American firm Davis Collamore & Co. The company’s products were exported all over the world, including to the United States, where they were popular among wealthy families.
Charles Ahrenfeldt’s porcelain is highly collectible today, and pieces can be found in museums and private collections around the world. Some of the company’s most sought-after designs include floral patterns, landscapes, and portraits of famous figures.
His son Charles J. Ahrenfeldt took over the business in 1894 and built another factory in Montjovis near Limoges. In 1917 the factory was taken over by M. Grob, one of managers. His widow started running it in 1934. After buying the company in 1958 by a financial investor, the business was scaled down and in 1969 it was finally closed.